Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Friday, March 2 – Dr. Seuss “Read Across America”; Chess Club @ 3:30 pm
- Monday, March 5 – Spirit Week: Hawaiian / Tropical Day; Stone Lion Puppets presentation @ 2:15 pm
- Tuesday, March 6 – Spirit Week: Career Day (What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?; Talent Share K-3rd @ 9 am and 4th-8th @ 1 pm
- Wednesday, March 7 – Spirit Week: K-4th is Favorite Book Character and 5th-8th is Favorite Decade); T.I.M.E. event @ 8:30 am; chapel led by 5th grade @ 9:15 am; K-4th grade Kaleidoscope in Commons and 5th-8th grade presentation by Olathe North HS Science
- Thursday, March 8 – Spirit Week: Maize and Blue Day / Spirit Wear; Academic Bowl
- Friday, March 9 – No school, end of 3rd quarter
- Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16 – no school, Spring Break
- Wednesday, March 21 – Chapel led by Ms. Katie Morgan @ 9:15 am
- Friday, March 23 – Spirit Wear Day; Muffins with Mom @ 7:30 am in the Commons
- Thursday, March 29 – Maundy Thursday chapel in auditorium @ 8:45 am
- Friday, March 30 – No school, Good Friday
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – principal
Theme for 2017-18:
The basic theme is KINDNESS, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .